Talison Lithium (TSX:TLH) announced the sale of 365,545 tonnes lithium concentrate during FY2012 and its production results for three months, ending June 30, 2012.
As quoted in the press release:
Preliminary Sales and Production Volume
- Talison sold 365,545 tonnes lithium concentrate during FY2012 (or approximately 54,000 tonnes lithium carbonate equivalent (“LCE”)), an 8% increase compared to FY2011.
- In Q4 FY2012 Talison sold 98,113 tonnes lithium concentrate (or approximately 14,500 tonnes LCE), a 6% increase compared to Q4 FY2011.
- The average sales price of lithium concentrates sold during FY2012 was US$334 per tonne, a 9% increase compared to FY2011.
- The average sales price of lithium concentrates sold during Q4 FY2012 was US$351 per tonne, demonstrating the impact from the 15% price increase that applied from January 2012.
- Production of lithium concentrate for FY2012 and Q4 FY2012, was 357,128 tonnes of lithium concentrate (approximately 53,000 tonnes LCE) and 83,842 tonnes of lithium concentrate (approximately 12,500 tonnes LCE) respectively.
The increase in average sales price during the fourth quarter reflected the 15% price increase that applied from January 2012. Together with the record sales volumes for the year, and the recent completion of the expansion at the Greenbushes Lithium Operations, this places Talison in a strong position as it moves towards an investment decision on its proposed lithium carbonate plant.